Careers at APC
American Peptide Company is an equal opportunity employer and offers a complete benefits package. The following positions are currently available. Please fax or email your resume with job code #.
- Fax: 408-738-3705
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purification Chemist II - Non GMP (Chem 2)
Summary: The purification chemist will be responsible for utilizing chromatography and other separation techniques, including HPLC, normal phase, SEC, IEX, crystallization, and diafiltration for the production and analysis of API?s. Core functions of the purification chemist include the design, optimization, and implementation of downstream processes for the manufacture of final product. The position will require working in a fast paced team environment of highly motivated chemists that are focused on meeting quality and production objectives. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in modern chromatography methods and technologies as well technical skills in the operation and maintenance of chromatographic instrumentation, software, and data analysis. A keen interest in separation science as well as general understanding of scientific principles including organic chemistry and biochemistry is desirable.
- BS degree in Chemistry or related disciplines
- 3-5 years? work experience
- Experience with HPLC and chromatography
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to effectively organize, multitasks, and works in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (technical writing a plus)
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solutions-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal skills.
- Communicate effectively and ability to work in a team environment.
- Exhibit detail oriented documentation skills.
o Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft word and excel (used daily).
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Experience with Peptides
- General lab instrument ( GC, FTIR, NMR and KF) knowledge and operation experience
- Operate preparative and analytical HPLC systems for process development and production purposes
- Operate production scale lyophilizers
- Develop peptide manufacturing processes including peptide/protein purification using chromatography and other purification techniques
- Perform process development studies for process optimization and process scale up
- Develop in process test methods
- Write technical reports, process development reports, MBR?s, SOP?s, and other technical documents
- Operate and maintain equipment for manufacturing and in process testing
- Including analytical and prep HPLC systems, lyophilizers, balances, reactors, diafiltration systems, centrifuges, water purification systems, ovens, washing systems, and other equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Follow Standard Test Procedures for in-process testing of manufacturing intermediates
- Work with coworkers and supervisor to effectively troubleshoot equipment and process related issues
- Anticipate potential production problems and take preventative action.
- Perform media/buffer solution preparation operations
- Follow SOPs and approved directions to clean equipment used in Non-GMP processes, maintain cleaning and maintenance logs for each pieces of equipment, assist in equipment calibration program, and dispose of chemical waste generated in the manufacturing process
- Investigate any process deviations, write process deviation report, and initiate document change request
- Interact with Synthesis and Quality Control to meet the company?s quality and production goals, as well as resolve any technical issues
- Troubleshoot old methods, as applicable
- Assist as needed at the direction of the manager in training other employees
American Peptide Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply to this position please follow the link to https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15608542